Monday, January 3, 2011

For the Record


Dead Sea scrolls (Psalms)

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16

I could give a list of other scriptures that support divine inspiration throughout the entire canon, but I'll cut to the chase. I'm going on record as saying that I believe that the entire Bible is God-breathed and is, in fact, truly scripture - a message directly from God to us. There are various views on what is and is not actually from God. Some believe that if Tolstoy's War and Peace spiritually influences you in some way, then it becomes the word of God to you. Others hold that we can only be certain that the actual spoken words of Jesus Christ hold God's message to us. I could ramble on about the different theories floating around out there. I won't. For those that stumble across this blog, I strongly affirm that all of the Bible - from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 21:27 - is God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment