What's your status on Facebook Messenger? Skype? Windows Live Messenger? VSee? What about in life?
My "status" in life is "Christian". When I've been at the hospital, I've answered "Evangelical Christian" as my preferred religious affiliation. I pray at meals in public, "making my stand." I belong to a group of Christians called the Zion Evangelical Missionary Church. I go to a weekly Bible study and even go so far as to have mentally stimulating discussions about doctrine and the theory of practice. I'm not referring to the "ticket out of hell" religion. I mean that every day, I can safely say, "I'm a Christian." It's my status.
Lately, though, I've been giving some thought to relationship. The thought came to me on a Saturday morning, "Am I a Christian by status or relationship?" I'd say both, but I'd like to work on the relationship aspect. The next morning, I went to church and what did the pastor speak on? Relationship. He asked us who we were following. He pointed out that the disciples were unique individuals, and people noted that "they had been with Jesus." He has a way of affecting people like that. I'd like my status to actually affect my relationship. I want my relationship with Christ to be so evident that my status is a no brainer.
Oh, and here's the sermon.
Who Do You Follow?

No comments:
Post a Comment